“No problem can be solved at the same level of consciousness that created it.” –Albert Einstein
In tough economic times, it is more important than ever to communicate about performance and specifically how to improve performance. The pressure is on to do more with less, raise standards to keep clients happy, clean up bad habits to streamline work processes and focus on growing the people you retain. Without the proper focus on growth and development, people often languish in companies, never realizing their full potential and the company never fully realizing the contribution employees are capable of making.
But talking about performance is a sensitive issue that can create bigger problems if handled incorrectly – the wrong approach or a few wrong words could easily derail productive employees. Managers and leaders must skillfully address performance issues in a timely manner to correct problems quickly and keep work flowing. With the right structure and guidance, the Performance Conversation becomes the primary tool for keeping employees focused and productive while keeping clients happy.
The Conducting Effective Performance Conversations Workshop teaches a practical process for acknowledging productive behaviors and clearly requesting specific changes, along with the guidance of our seasoned facilitators to handle sticky issues and avoid legal action. Participants practice using their own real-life situations; their skills are then immediately applied on the job. We cover geographically distributed teams, indirect reports, and a process for documenting frequent conversations as input for your Annual or Semi-Annual Performance Evaluations.
How You Will Benefit
- Communication becomes easy. Feedback and Feedforward become natural and comfortable components of your company culture.
- Performance Conversations improve manager-employee relationships, provide on-going challenge and growth opportunities and keep employees informed.Improve workflow, engender innovation and simplify Annual Performance Reviews.
- Guiding Principles of Performance Conversations
- Helpful Frameworks for Identifying Information and Approaching Employees
- The Four Types of Performance Conversations
- Understanding and Triggering Motivation
- Identifying and Avoiding De-Motivators
- Understanding Skill Development
- Preparing for Performance Conversations
- Documenting Performance Conversations
- Applied Learning with Real-Life Situations
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors, managers, team leaders and other business professionals who are required to oversee work.